How to use Pre-Launch
The Pre-Launch feature allows you to control which pages people will see depending on whether their Deadline Funnel tracking has started yet or not. This works for fixed-date, evergreen, and hybrid campaigns.
How to use Pre-Launch with an evergreen or hybrid campaign:
- In 'Edit Campaign' navigate to Settings and find the Pre-Launch setting just below where you set the length of the deadline:
- The Pre-Launch URL is going to be the page you want them to see before their deadline has started:
- For the second URL you'll see a dropdown with all of your Funnel Step URLs. This is going to be the page you want them to be redirected to once their deadline has started:
- In 'Edit Campaign' navigate to Settings and find the 'Start date enabled' button. Make sure this is turned on, as it will indicate when the Pre-Launch redirect is active. And hit 'Save' before moving on to the next step:
- Then navigate below that to the pre-launch section. Enable the setting and then add your two URLs:
Once you've filled in both boxes, hit 'Save' and you're all set!
How to use Pre-Launch with a fixed-date campaign:
In a fixed-date campaign, the Pre-Launch feature can be used to show people a page that you want them to see before the special offer is available.
For example, you can create a fixed-date campaign that has a start date of January 15 and a deadline of January 31. If someone tries to access your special offer page before January 31, they will be redirected to your Pre-Launch page.
Advanced: using the same pre-launch URL as your "after deadline" URL
In some cases, you may want to use the same URL as your pre-launch URL and your "after deadline" URL.
Here's how to set that up:
Pre-access page: www.mysite.com/pre-access?a=b
Funnel step URL: www.mysite.com/special-offer
After deadline: www.mysite.com/pre-access
The key to making this work is to use the extra parameters ("?a=b") at the end of your pre-access URL, but make sure to not include those parameters in your funnel step after URL.
Advanced: Using an opt-in form on your pre-launch page
In this example the MailChimp API webhook is already set up, so if a visitor signs up using the opt-in form, their email address will be added to the deadline and they will be tracked by email in the Deadline Funnel > Event Tracking area.
However, since their IP/cookie has not been tracked yet, they will still see the opt-in page instead of being redirected to your special offer.
To fix this, we will simply use the email link in the opt-in form's redirect settings. This will allow Deadline Funnel to track a user's IP/cookies once they opt-in and give them access to your special offer page:
To copy this link correctly, you will select everything before the question mark in the link and paste it into your opt-in page's redirect area. Notice that the part of the URL we leave out is "?em=[email]" in this example:
Now when the user clicks subscribe, the form will submit the webhook and the IP/cookie tracking data to DF and redirect them to the special offer page. That's it!
If you have any questions, please reach out to us in chat (the blue box in the right hand corner) or let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.