How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with ManyChat
Why Deadline Funnel + ManyChat?
ManyChat is one of the most popular apps for creating Facebook Messenger bots that you can use in your ads and marketing.
With Deadline Funnel + ManyChat, you can add authentic deadlines to your automated sequences in ManyChat - so that after someone subscribes to your ManyChat sequence you can let them know they have a specific number of days or hours to take advantage of your special offer.
Still no clue what we're talking about? That's okay! Here's a great guide on Messenger Marketing and Facebook Chatbots that might help. :)
A few notes before we get started...
In order to follow along, you will need the following:
- An active Deadline Funnel account
- A ManyChat Pro account (yes, you do need to be on a paid ManyChat plan in order for this to work!)
This guide also assumes that you already have a Deadline Funnel campaign created and that you will only be integrating this campaign with a ManyChat sequence - i.e. that you won't be integrating a single Deadline Funnel campaign with both a ManyChat sequence and an email sequence at the same time. If you do want to use ManyChat and a regular email sequence at the same time, please use this guide instead.
And if you have any questions along the way please contact us in chat (blue icon, bottom right corner of the screen) and we'd love to help!
Activate DevTools in your ManyChat account
Before getting started, go to Settings >> DevTools in your ManyChat account, and click the button to apply to the beta.
Once you click on it, you should see the screen below, which indicates "DevTools" have been enabled on your account - which is important in order to integrate with Deadline Funnel :)
Integrating Deadline Funnel with ManyChat
Navigate to API Integrations in the left hand menu of Deadline Funnel and click 'Or click here to create a brand new API', then select ManyChat from our list of providers:
- Click 'Activate Integration with ManyChat':
- Now copy the webhook on the next screen:
- Go into ManyChat and navigate to your sequence and click 'Edit Message', then select +Dynamic from the options at the bottom of the screen and move it to the top of the sequence:
Then paste the Deadline Funnel webhook there:
Next you'll need to navigate to Body and click on Add Full Subscriber Data (this allows Deadline Funnel to grab the information it needs from ManyChat to trigger the deadline) and hit Save:
Next you'll need to navigate back to the Email Setup tab in the Deadline Funnel admin and copy your special Email Link:
Then go back into your ManyChat and paste the link wherever you are sending people to your special offer page in the sequence. It's important that you remove everything after the 'em=' and replace it with the 'User Id' placeholder followed my @mc.deadlinefunnel.com:
- To integrate Deadline Funnel + ManyChat, you need to add the webhook to the top of your ManyChat sequence so that it can start a new deadline for each user as they interact with your sequence.
- Then you need to copy your email link from Deadline Funnel (i.e. http://dfl1.us/go/618/anGekY/1516738987?em=~Contact.Email~)...
- Remove everything after the 'em=' so it looks like this:
- Paste it into your ManyChat button and then add the "User Id" placeholder and "@mc.deadlinefunnel.com" at the end.
Navigate back to Deadline Funnel > API Integrations > ManyChat and hit the blue Test button beneath the Webhook URL to test that the integration works:
Now, whenever someone enters your sequence in ManyChat, their deadline will begin, and when they click on the Deadline Funnel email links in your ManyChat sequence, we will be able to make sure their tracking continues to be accurate - even on other devices and networks!
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.