How to add a Countdown to Shopify
Note: You need to create a Deadline Funnel campaign before integrating with Shopify.
You can integrate a Deadline Funnel countdown on a Shopify product page using a floating bar or an inline countdown timer.
Adding Deadline Funnel Tracking Code to Your Theme
- Click on 'Customize Theme' in your Shopify store editor:
- Click the dropdown and select 'Edit Code':
- Under 'Layout' click on 'theme.liquid':
- Navigate to the 'Tracking Code' section of your Deadline Funnel dashboard and copy your Tracking Code:
- Paste the Deadline Funnel tracking code into theme.liquid right before the closing header tag:
- Click 'Save':
- Navigate to your 'Funnel Steps' and add your product page URL, select 'Display a floating bar', add your redirect URL, and click 'Save':
- Save your changes and visit your product page to see your floating bar countdown timer. Here's an example of what the Floating Bar will look like:
- Navigate to Funnel Steps and add your product page URL, select 'Display an inline timer', add your redirect URL, copy the HTML code needed to display your timer inline, and click 'Save':
- In the editor for your product page, click the source code icon in the 'Description' section:
- Paste your Deadline Funnel HTML snippet into the source code wherever you would like your countdown timer to appear and click 'Save':
- That's it! Refresh your page and your inline countdown will now appear on your product page:
Using a Floating Bar Countdown on a Product Page
Using an Inline Countdown on a Product Page
If you are using an Inline Countdown, you must complete these additional steps:
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.