How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with ConvertKit (API)
The API integration with ConvertKit is the easiest and most flexible way to integrate Deadline Funnel with your ConvertKit account.
Important: You will need to complete the setup of your first evergreen campaign before you will see the API integrations link in the left nav.
Integrate Deadline Funnel with your ConvertKit account:
Before you begin, you should have already created:
- The evergreen Deadline Funnel countdown you want to use
- The tag in ConvertKit that will trigger your webhook
- Click on API Integrations in the left menu.
- To complete the integration, you will need your 1) API Key and 2) API Secret from your ConvertKit account. Navigate in ConvertKit to Account Settings:
- Copy and paste the corresponding keys into Deadline Funnel, then click 'Connect ConvertKit':
- On the next screen you'll need to select the tag in your Convertkit account that you want to use to trigger the deadline:
Then you will select the custom field that stores each lead's unique deadline. You can select a custom field you already have or create a new field by typing directly into the box. Go ahead and name it "deadlinetext" if you're not sure what to call it, you can always change it later. Then click 'Create New Webhook':
- Now if you click 'View Rule in ConvertKit' you will see your new rule in ConvertKit that will trigger your deadline when the tag you selected is applied:
- Navigate to Automations and select 'Rules':
- Click '+ Add Rule':
- In this example, we selected 'Subscribes to a form' as the trigger, selecting the correct form, and selected 'Add tag' as the action, selecting the tag that will trigger Deadline Funnel and clicked 'Save Rule':
- Navigate to Subscribers, select the subscriber(s) you want to tag and click 'Bulk Actions':
- Then click 'Tag':
- Select the tag that triggers your Deadline Funnel campaign and click 'Save':
- After the ConvertKit system finishes adding the tags, you can return to 'Event Tracking' and you will see that the email you tagged in ConvertKit is being tracked by Deadline Funnel.
Setup the Webhook for ConvertKit:
This will create a rule in ConvertKit that will trigger the webhook when the tag is applied to a subscriber. Now you just need to set up a rule in ConvertKit that will add the tag to a subscriber based on various actions (ie. they enter a sequence, submit a form, etc.)
Set up a rule in ConvertKit:
You have a few options for how to trigger the tag, including triggering when someone is added to a sequence or when another tag is added, but in this example we used "Subscribes to a form". So now once someone subscribes to that form, ConvertKit will apply the tag, and the tag will tell Deadline Funnel to start the countdown.
Note: If you want to integrate several different funnels with ConvertKit, you will simply repeat these steps and create a new API integration and tag for each countdown, as well as separate automations. This creates a system where Tag A triggers Campaign A, while Tag B triggers Campaign B.
Additional Feature: Bulk Actions
Note: If you want to add several people to a Deadline Funnel campaign you can now do that using ConvertKit's Bulk Actions.
You can tag as many subscribers as you want to trigger.
Test your integration:
Important Note about Email Links
If you have any questions, send us a message in chat or email us at email@example.com.