How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with ConvertKit (API)
The API integration with ConvertKit is the easiest and most flexible way to integrate Deadline Funnel with your ConvertKit account.
Here's a quick video of how to get started:
Integrate Deadline Funnel with your ConvertKit account:
Before you begin, you should have already created:
- The evergreen Deadline Funnel countdown you want to use
- The tag in ConvertKit that will trigger your webhook
- Click on API Integrations in the left menu, select ConvertKit from the list of email providers or click "I need to create a new API connection":
- On the next page it's going to ask you for two API keys from ConvertKit:
- Copy and paste the corresponding keys into Deadline Funnel, then hit Save.
- Navigate to Automations and select 'Rules':
- Click '+ Add Rule':
- In this example, we selected 'Subscribes to a form' as the trigger, selecting the correct form, and selected 'Add tag' as the action, selecting the tag that will trigger Deadline Funnel and clicked 'Save Rule':
- Navigate to Subscribers, select the subscriber you want to tag and click 'Bulk Actions':
- Then click 'Tag':
- Select the tag that triggers your Deadline Funnel campaign and click 'Save':
- After the ConvertKit system finishes adding the tags, you can return to 'Event Tracking' and you will see that the email you tagged in ConvertKit is being tracked by Deadline Funnel.
You'll find both keys under the 'Account settings' in ConvertKit:
Create a custom field to store each contact's deadline:
Select the tag you will use to trigger the deadline:
Set up a rule in ConvertKit:
Now all you need to do is set up the rule in Convertkit that will tell Deadline Funnel to start the deadline:
You have a few options for how to trigger the tag, including triggering when someone is added to a sequence or when another tag is added, but in this example we used "Subscribes to a form". So now once someone subscribes to that form, ConvertKit will apply the tag, and the tag will tell Deadline Funnel to start the countdown.
Note: If you want to integrate several different funnels with ConvertKit, you will simply repeat these steps and create a new API integration and tag for each countdown, as well as separate automations. This creates a system where Tag A triggers Campaign A, while Tag B triggers Campaign B.
Additional Feature: Bulk Actions
Note: If you want to add several people to a Deadline Funnel campaign you can now do that using ConvertKit's Bulk Actions.
You can tag as many subscribers as you want to trigger.
Test your integration:
Here's a quick video to show you how to test that your integration is working:
Important Note about Expiring Links
If you have any questions, send us a message in chat or email us at email@example.com.