How to Trigger a Countdown Upon Subscribe using Zapier
Zapier gives you the ability to use triggers to create different workflows which can make your business run more smoothly.
For this example, we will setup a trigger between Deadline Funnel and Kajabi, so that a countdown timer is started when someone joins a Kajabi list. You can use any email service provider you choose, as long as they integrate with Zapier.
Note: Make sure that you have already integrated your Zapier account with Deadline Funnel and your email service provider (ESP), and that you are logged into your Zapier account before you begin.
Setup the Deadline Funnel trigger with your ESP:
- In your Zapier dashboard, select 'Make a Zap' and select your ESP (We used Kajabi) as the Trigger App:
- Choose 'New Form Submission' and click 'Continue':
- Select your Kajabi account and click Test (or connect your account), then click 'Save + Continue':
- Select your Kajabi site and the form you want to integrate, then click 'Continue':
- Make sure you have submitted the form at least once so there is data to fetch, then click 'Fetch + Continue':
- Once you see a successful test message, click 'Continue':
- Select Deadline Funnel as the Action App:
- Click 'Start Deadline' and click 'Continue':
- Click 'Save + Continue' to confirm that you want Zapier to run this action:
- Select the correct Deadline Funnel Campaign/promotion, select the email address field to capture emails, and click continue:
- Click to 'send a test' to Deadline Funnel:
- Click 'Finish' when your test is successful:
- Be sure your zap is turned on:
Setup the Deadline Funnel trigger with your ESP
You can now test that the Zap is working by adding a new subscriber to your list in your email service provider and verifying that the subscriber's email has been added under Event Tracking in Deadline Funnel. Please note that there can be a slight delay between Zapier and Deadline Funnel, so if it doesn't show up right away, simply check back in five to ten minutes.
Important Note about Email Links
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.