How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with Actionetics/ClickFunnels (API)
This article explains how to connect Actionetics with ClickFunnels and Deadline Funnel via an API integration so that when a lead submits a ClickFunnels optin form their Deadline Funnel tracking will begin. You can also trigger tracking when someone makes a purchase.
Important: You need to complete the setup of your first evergreen campaign before you will see the API integrations link in the left navigation.
When would I use this integration?
This integration enables you to sync Deadline Funnel and ClickFunnels via API if you’re using an email service provider that Deadline Funnel doesn't offer an API integration with. If you're using an email provider we do integrate with via API directly, it's best to use the API integration for that email service.
Create A Campaign
- Create a new Evergreen Campaign and select 'The Deadline will start based on a webhook in my email provider':
- Fill in the rest of the details about your campaign, be sure to select Actionetics, click 'Save & Go to Last Step' and then click 'Finish':
- Navigate to 'API Integrations' and select 'click here to create a brand new API connection, then select Actionetics':
- Click 'Activate Integration with ClickFunnels Actionetics':
- Copy the Webhook URL for Actionetics:
- Return to ClickFunnels and click 'Settings' for the page you are integrating with Deadline Funnel:
- Scroll down and click 'Manage Your Funnel Webhooks':
- Click '+ New Webhook':
- Paste the Webhook URL from Deadline Funnel into the box, select 'contact_created' as the Event, and click 'Create Funnel Webhook':
Set Up the Webhook
When someone submits the ClickFunnels optin form, the information will be sent to Deadline Funnel and Deadline Funnel will start tracking their deadline.
Note: You will select 'purchase_created' as the event if you want to trigger your countdown upon purchase.
Important Note about Email Links
Don't Forget to Test
Be sure to opt in through your ClickFunels optin form and click on the links in the emails and verify that the tracking is working correctly. It's important to test your funnel before sending live traffic.
You can learn more about testing your funnel here: Testing Your Deadline Funnel Campaign
As of the most recent update to this article, Actionetics does not offer custom fields. This means that you have all the functionality of some of our other email software integrations... except for the ability to mail-merge the lead's actual "deadline text" into your Actionetics emails. For more information on this feature, click here.
If you have any questions, please let us know at