How to Add a Countdown to WordPress
The Deadline Funnel WordPress plugin offers the simplest way to incorporate Deadline Funnel into your WordPress pages. Using the plugin you can:
- Add a floating bar countdown timer to your WordPress page
- Add an inline countdown timer to your WordPress page
- Add the Deadline Text on your WordPress page
- Add a WordPress optin page to your Deadline Funnel
Install the Plugin:
- Navigate to 'My Account' >> Code Snippets. Click the link to download the WordPress plugin and then copy your Deadline Funnel API key:
- In the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard, click Add New > Upload Plugin and click Install to select the plugin from your download location. When the installation is complete, click 'Activate'.
- Next, Click to add Your Deadline Funnel Key:
- Paste your Deadline Funnel API Key into the box and click 'Save Settings':
- Navigate to 'Funnel Steps' in your Deadline Funnel admin. Click 'Add new page' and 1) add the URL of your WordPress page, 2) select 'Display a floating bar', 3) add the URL where you want the page to redirect when the deadline expires, then 4) click 'Save':
- If you are using the Inline Countdown, you'll need to copy the shortcode from My Account >> Code Snippets:
- Paste the shortcode into your WordPress page wherever you want your inline countdown to appear and update your WordPress page:
- Navigate to 'Funnel Steps', click 'Add new page', 1) add your 'Before' URL, 2) select 'Display an inline timer', 3) select the redirect URL and 4) click 'Save':
- Copy the Deadline Text shortcode from My Account > Code Snippets:
- Paste the shortcode into your WordPress page wherever you want your Deadline Text to appear and update your WordPress page:
- Add your 1) Optin Page URL to 'Funnel Steps', 2) select 'Start tracking on optin form submission', and 3) click 'Save':
Note: While your Deadline Funnel Tracking code will be automatically added to every page on your WordPress site, the countdown timer will not appear until you add your page(s) to the Funnel Steps and tell Deadline Funnel what kind of countdown to show.
Disable the plugin for admin users:
You can disable the plugin for anyone who's logged into your Wordpress account as an admin. This is handy in cases where you need to be able to make changes to your page(s) without being tracked by Deadline Funnel. To use this feature simply go into the Deadline Funnel tab in the admin and toggle it on:
Just be sure to turn this feature back off if you're running a test of your funnel. :)
Add a Floating Bar countdown timer to your page:
Once you hit save the countdown will appear on your page. Here's an example of what the Floating Bar looks like:
Add an Inline countdown timer to your page:
Your inline countdown timer will now appear on the page:
Add the Deadline Text on your page:
Note: You can add your site visitor's personalized deadline to your page using either a floating bar or an inline countdown timer.
Your Deadline Text will now appear on the page:
Add a WordPress Optin Page to your Deadline Funnel:
When a visitor subscribes to your optin page, your Deadline Funnel countdown will begin.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.