How to add a Countdown to SamCart
NOTE: This short video addresses a SamCart bug that may currently be affecting your ability to use an inline countdown timer. We will update this when the issue has been resolved:
How To Use a Floating Bar Countdown:
- Navigate to 'Funnel Steps' and 1) add your product URL, 2) select 'Display a floating bar', 3) add your redirect URL, and 4) click 'Save':
- Because you chose a Floating Bar countdown, next you click on the Appearance > Floating Bar tab to build and preview your floating bar and make any changes to the settings:
- Navigate to 'Tracking code' in the left navigation and copy your Tracking Code:
- Navigate back to your SamCart account, click on your Product > Advanced Settings > and paste your Deadline Funnel tracking code into the 'Embed HTML/Scripts in Footer' box, then click 'Save':
- Once your SamCart page has updated, test the page by visiting the link and you should see your countdown floating at the bottom:
- Navigate to Funnel Steps, 1) add your SamCart URL, 2) select 'Display an inline timer', 3) add your redirect URL, 4) copy the HTML code to show your inline timer on your page, and 5) click 'Save':
- Return to your SamCart Products dashboard and navigate to Checkout Design, then scroll down until you see the settings to 'Customize Your Template':
- Scroll down to the 'Custom Content' box, click the 'Source' icon, paste your Deadline Funnel HTML code snippet into the box, click the 'Source' icon again and then 'Save Changes':
- Once SamCart has updated your page, you will see your inline countdown timer on the page:
Note: It may take several minutes for SamCart to update the page once you have added the HTML code.
To Use an Inline Countdown:
Note: It could take several minutes for SamCart to update the code on the page.
That's it! You've now integrated your Deadline Funnel countdown into your SamCart sales page.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.