How to add a dynamic date and time to MailChimp email
If you want to add an animated countdown timer into your MailChimp email you can follow the instructions here: How to Add an Animated Email Countdown to MailChimp
How to Use Your Custom Field in Your Email
- In the email editor, place the cursor where you want to add the dynamic date and time and click 'Merge Tags':
- Scroll down and select your Deadline Funnel custom field that you used for your API integration (we named ours 'deadlinetext'):
- This will insert your custom field placeholder into your email:
- When you send yourself the email, you will see that the placeholder has been replaced with the deadline text format you chose in your setup.
- NOTE: You must send the actual email, the placeholder will not be replaced in a test message. You can send the email to yourself first to test the delivery.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.