How to add a Countdown to Shopify
Note: You need to create a Deadline Funnel campaign before integrating with Shopify.
You can integrate a Deadline Funnel countdown on a Shopify product page using a floating bar or an inline countdown timer.
Adding Deadline Funnel Tracking Code to Your Theme
- Click on Themes >> Customize theme in your Shopify store editor:
- Click the dropdown and select 'Edit Code':
- Under 'Layout' click on 'theme.liquid':
- Navigate to the 'Tracking Code' section of your Deadline Funnel dashboard and copy your Tracking Code:
- Paste the Deadline Funnel tracking code into theme.liquid right before the closing header tag:
- Click 'Save':
- Return to your Deadline Funnel admin and navigate to Edit Your Campaign > Funnel Steps, then click 'Add New Page' to add the URL of your product page to your funnel. Select 'They'll see a floating bar timer' as the action:
- Save your changes and visit your product page to see your floating bar countdown timer:
- Re-visit your Funnel Steps and change your action to 'They'll see an inline timer' and clck 'Save Page':
- Copy the HTML snippet that appears in the pop-up window to add your countdown timer to your page:
- In the editor for your product page, click the source code icon in the 'Description' section:
- Paste your Deadline Funnel HTML snippet into the source code wherever you would like your countdown timer to appear and click 'Save':
- That's it! Refresh your page and your inline countdown will now appear on your product page:
Using a Floating Bar Countdown on a Product Page
Using an Inline Countdown on a Product Page
If you are using an Inline Countdown, you must complete these additional steps:
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.