How to Add an Evergreen Countdown to Teachable with Expiring Bonuses
Integrating your Teachable Sales Pages with Deadline Funnel enables you to create an evergreen funnel offering limited time bonuses for each prospect:
- Each deadline will be personalized on an individual basis
- Bonuses will only be available before the deadline
- The course remains available on an evergreen, rolling basis.
Create Two Versions of your Teachable Course
You will create 2 versions of your Teachable Course and sales page, 1 with the bonuses and 1 without the bonuses.
- The duplicate course feature can be found in the Information area of that course in your Teachable account. Click 'Duplicate' in the navigation bar:
- Click the 'Duplicate Course' button, and all course content (except for student enrollment records) will be duplicated into another course:
- Add your bonus content to the appropriate version of your course and sales page. Be sure to name the 2 courses so that you know which course contains the bonuses.
- Navigate to the sales page for your course with the bonuses in Teachable and copy your bonus Sales Page URL:
- Create an 'Evergreen' countdown for your Teachable Promotion and choose how your prospect will enter your funnel:
- Add your bonus sales page as your 'Main Sales Page URL':
- Add the regular course sales page URL (without the bonuses) as the 'After' URL:
- Add the rest of your campaign details, click 'Save & Go to Last Step' and then click 'Finish':
- If you click on 'Funnel Steps' you will see the URLs that you provided in the setup wizard:
- In your Deadline Funnel admin, click on 'Tracking Code' to copy your Deadline Funnel tracking code:
- In your Teachable Admin, navigate to 'Site', 'Code Snippets':
- Paste your Deadline Funnel tracking code into the 'Logged In' AND 'Logged Out' boxes and click 'Save':
- Your floating bar timer should now appear on your Bonus Course Sales Page:
- To deploy an inline countdown timer instead of a floating bar, click the drop-down and select 'They'll see an inline timer' in your funnel steps under, 'This is what will happen' and click 'Save Page':
- Copy the HTML code snippet that appears in the modal once you have selected, 'They'll see an inline timer' in your funnel steps:
- Return to Teachable and click on Bonus 'Sales Page' to edit your sales page:
- In your sales page editor, click the 'HTML' icon to add HTML to your sales page:
- Paste the HTML snippet from above into your sales page everywhere you want your countdown timer to appear and click 'Save':
- When you view your 'before' page you will see your countdown(s):
Create your Teachable Promotion in Deadline Funnel:
Adding an Inline Countdown Timer to your Teachable Page:
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.