How to Integrate EverWebinar with MailChimp and Deadline Funnel
As of the writing of this article, Deadline Funnel has a direct API integration with MailChimp but EverWebinar does not.
- There are two options (A and B) for integrating with MailChimp and EverWebinar: Option A - Set up your registration options in EverWebinar so that the choices are limited to Yesterday's replay and/or Just In Time.
- We recommend that you only use EverWebinar emails for the notifications re the "live" webinar or replays. Use MailChimp for the emails leading up to and including the deadline.
- Use the Deadline Funnel expiring links in your MailChimp emails.This will give you the most accurate tracking possible. We estimate that without the expiring links the tracking is still 95%+ successful to deliver the correct deadline for your prospects. However using the expiring links takes the accuracy to 99% or 100%.
- We recommend using the API integration to connect MailChimp and Deadline Funnel
- Choose EITHER the API integration or the optin integration but NOT both.
- Make sure that when you are counting the number of days between the registration event and your deadline that you do NOT count the registration day. Here's more info on how to calculate the length of your evergreen funnel correctly.
- We encourage you to use the EverWebinar software for webinar reminder emails and MailChimp for promotions and sales-related emails. Using MailChimp for the sales-related follow-up emails gives you have the option to include the Deadline Funnel animated countdown and the specific time and date of your subscriber's deadline, in the body of the email.
- You will be unable to use the email countdown timer or 'deadlinetext' in emails that are sent from EverWebinar as they do not allow the placeholder required to use the subscriber email
- Make sure you test your funnel before sending prospects through
Recommendations (Specific to MailChimp + EverWebinar)
Doing this keeps the number of days between the registration event and the deadline for your promotion a specific number of days.
In some cases this might not be ideal for what you had planned, but it's required in order to synchronize the follow up email timing and the Deadline Funnel tracking - since EverWebinar can't tell MailChimp to apply a tag.
Option B - Set up your registration options in EverWebinar using whatever dates/times you like and then have your email sequence in your autoresponder begins 2 days after registration in order for the timing to sync up between MailChimp, EverWebinar, and Deadline Funnel.
You can use either our solid API connection with MailChimp or you can choose our optin integration. Either one works so it comes down mostly to preference.
Note: if you use the API connection with Deadline Funnel then your MailChimp emails MUST use our expiring links to link to your sales pages and order forms. This is required for the API integration to work.
Connecting Deadline Funnel and MailChimp by API
Connecting Deadline Funnel and MailChimp and EverWebinar by Optin Integration
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.