How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with EverWebinar
There are two ways you can integrate Deadline Funnel with EverWebinar, Optin Form integration and API integration.
The factors that determine which Deadline Funnel integration you should use are:
- The number of days that you are offering for your webinar registration
- Whether or not you're using an email service provider that EverWebinar integrates with at the API-level (currently either ActiveCampaign or Infusionsoft)
In other words:
Using the Deadline Funnel API integration:
Also, if you are offering multiple registration days, you must integrate with an ESP that EverWebinar integrates with at the API-level and use the Deadline Funnel API Integration.
- Set up your Deadline Funnel evergreen campaign based on the number of days between when someone attends your webinar and the deadline for your promotion after the webinar. For example, for someone who registers on Monday for a Tuesday webinar, Deadline Funnel will calculate the numbers of days between Tuesday and the deadline for the campaign.
- You'll set up EverWebinar to apply a tag when a subscriber attends your webinar.
- You must create automation rules in your email service provider account to put your subscriber into a specific email follow-up sequence when the webinar attendance tag is applied to your subscriber's record. The first step in that sequence must be to send an HTTP post (aka WebHook) to Deadline Funnel to coordinate the timing of the emails and the Deadline Funnel deadline.
- You also have the option to tag subscribers who do not attend your webinar.
- Your prospects will be tracked via email, cookies, and ip address.
Using the Deadline Funnel Optin integration:
- In the 'Integrations' settings for your webinar, click 'Embed your custom tracking code':
- Copy your Deadline Funnel Tracking Code (from the Tracking Code section of your dashboard) and paste it into the custom tracking code box:
- In your Funnel Steps, add your webinar registration page as a funnel step and select 'Their deadline will begin when they opt in' as the action:
- You will be unable to use the email countdown timer or 'deadlinetext' in emails that are sent from EverWebinar as they do not allow the placeholder required to use the subscriber email
- You can and should use expiring links in your follow-up emails to keep your countdown properly synced.
- We encourage you to use your email software for follow-up emails so that you have the option to include the Deadline Funnel animated countdown and the specific time and date of your subscriber's deadline, in the body of the email.
That's it! Your countdown will begin when prospects register for your webinar.
Multiple Webinar Registration Options:
The goal is to coordinate the timing of a post-webinar follow-up sequence AND the Deadline Funnel deadline.
If your prospects can register for a webinar on several different dates you'll need to trigger the deadline and new email sequence based on on whether or not they ATTENDED the webinar, NOT based on the day they register. (Example, if Bob registers on Monday but can choose either Monday or Tuesday for the webinar, you want to use the webinar day as the trigger, not the registration day).
And if EverWebinar can integrate with your email software, then you should tag subscribers when they attend (or watch the replay) AND use this tag to move subscribers into a follow-up sequence.
Email Follow-up Instructions:
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.