How to Start a Deadline Funnel Campaign and New Email Sequence At the Same Time
This method is what we sometimes call the "Rack the Shotgun" sequence.
What that term means is that you have a sequence that is designed to get your prospects to click on a link that is related to the promotion topic you're going to be promoting.
Let's look at an example using Ontraport - but this works with almost every email software provider:
Imagine you're promoting a course on publishing a book on Kindle, you could send three emails over 3 days alerting them to a great interview you came across. The goal of the 3 emails is to get your subscribers that are interested in the topic to click through from the link in the emails.
As soon as they click to get the content, 3 things happen:
- the click signals Ontraport to move them into a second promotion sequence that sells your course on Kindle publishing and...
- the click cookies them to Deadline Funnel and triggers their campaign
- the first step in the new campaign is to send an http post to Deadline Funnel
That last bit is to add the "deadline text" date to the Ontraport record so you can use it in their email.
"What if my email software doesn't have an http post or webhook?"
You can still use this "rack the shotgun" method to sync up the timing of your sequences so that when your subscribers click a trigger link in one of the first 3 emails:
- the click signals your email service provider to move them into a second promotion sequence that sells your course on Kindle publishing and...
- the click cookies them to Deadline Funnel and starts their campaign
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.