How to Add a Countdown to WordPress
Note: You need to create a Deadline Funnel campaign before integrating with WordPress.
The Deadline Funnel WordPress plugin offers the simplest way to incorporate Deadline Funnel into your WordPress pages.
Install the Plugin:
- Navigate to Use It > Settings > Code Snippets
- Click the link to download the Deadline Funnel WordPress Plugin:
- Copy the Integration key as you will need this to activate your plugin:
- In the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard, click 'Add New':
- Click 'Upload Plugin', select the plugin you just downloaded from Deadline Funnel, and click 'Install Now':
- Click 'Activate Plugin':
- Scroll down to the new Deadline Funnel section:
- Paste the Integration key you copied from Deadline Funnel into the API Key box and click 'Save Settings':
- Add your WordPress Page to your Funnel Steps and select the action you want to happen:
- If you are using an inline countdown, copy the shortcode from your Deadline Funnel Admin:
- Paste the shortcode into your WordPress page wherever you want your inline countdown to appear and update your WordPress page:
- Your countdown now appears on your page when you click preview or publish the page:
Your Deadline Funnel Plugin has been successfully installed.
If you ever need to delete and re-install your plugin, simply copy and paste your API key again to activate your plugin.
Note: Your Deadline Funnel Tracking code will be automatically added to every page on your WordPress site. The countdown timer will not appear until you add your pages to the Funnel Steps and tell Deadline Funnel what kind of countdown to show.
Using the Deadline Funnel Plugin:
Note: Since you are using the plugin, after you have saved your page, you can ignore the instructions to add extra HTML to your page.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.