How to Add a Countdown to WordPress
The Deadline Funnel WordPress plugin offers the simplest way to incorporate Deadline Funnel into your WordPress pages. Using the plugin you can:
- Add a floating bar countdown timer to your WordPress page
- Add an inline countdown timer to your WordPress page
- Add the Deadline Text on your WordPress page
- Add a WordPress optin page to your Deadline Funnel
Install the Plugin:
- Navigate to Edit Your Campaign > Settings > Code Snippets. 1) Click the link to download the WordPress plugin and then 2) copy your Deadline Funnel API key:
- In the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard, click Add New > Upload Plugin and click Install. When the installation is complete, click 'Activate'.
- Now scroll down to the new Deadline Funnel section in the left sidebar and paste the Integration key you copied from Deadline Funnel into the API Key box, then click 'Save Settings':
- Navigate to 'Funnel Steps' in your Deadline Funnel admin. Click 'Add new page' to add the URL of your WordPress page, select 'they'll see a floating bar' as the action, and add the URL where you want the page to redirect when the deadline expires, then click 'Save Page':
- If you are using the Inline Countdown, you'll need to copy the shortcode from Settings > Code Snippets:
- Paste the shortcode into your WordPress page wherever you want your inline countdown to appear and update your WordPress page:
- Return to 'Funnel Steps', click 'Add new page', select 'they'll see an inline timer' as the action for the page, select the redirect URL and click 'Save Page'. You can ignore the lightbox that offers additional HTML to add to your page because you are using the Deadline Funnel WordPress plugin:
- Copy the Deadline Text shortcode from Settings > Code Snippets:
- Paste the shortcode into your WordPress page wherever you want your Deadline Text to appear and update your WordPress page:
- Add your Optin Page URL to 'Funnel Steps', select 'Their deadline will begin when they optin in' for the action, and click 'Save Page':
Note: While your Deadline Funnel Tracking code will be automatically added to every page on your WordPress site, the countdown timer will not appear until you add your page(s) to the Funnel Steps and tell Deadline Funnel what kind of countdown to show.
Add a Floating Bar countdown timer to your page:
Once you hit save the countdown will appear on your page:
Add an Inline countdown timer to your page:
Your inline countdown timer will now appear on the page:
Add the Deadline Text on your page:
Note: You can add the Deadline Text to your page using either a floating bar or an inline countdown timer.
Your Deadline Text will now appear on the page:
Add a WordPress Optin Page to your Deadline Funnel:
When a visitor subscribes to your optin page, your Deadline Funnel countdown will begin.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.