How to Create Custom Fields in Aweber
- Click the 'Sign Up Forms' tab in your control panel:
- Next, either open your existing form by clicking on its name on the left, or click the 'Create A Sign Up Form' button to build a new form
- To create your custom field, click the 'Create a New Field' button under the Fields area to the left of the sign-up form editor:
- Name your field 'deadlinetext' and click 'next':
- Choose 'Text input' as the input type, add 'deadlinetext' as the default value, and click 'Show' to change the visibility to 'Hide', then click 'Save Field':
- Save your Signup form and then click 'publish' under the name of your form:
- Click 'I Will Install My Form', and then click on the 'Raw HTML Version':
- Copy the raw HTML that appears and paste it into your website editor or an HTML document:
- Now, look for the collection of lines in the HTML for the form that all start with "input type="hidden"
- Copy the code below, replacing "FIELDNAME" with "deadlinetext" and "VALUE" with "deadlinetext":
- That's it. When someone fills out your form, the hidden field will be submitted and stored along with the subscriber's other information.
<input type="hidden" name="custom FIELDNAME" value="VALUE" />
The result should look something like this:
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.