How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with ActiveCampaign (API)
When Should You Use the ActiveCampaign API Integration?
The ActiveCampaign API integration should be used when:
- You're using an evergreen deadline with a relative deadline, i.e., X days from when a person subscribes.
- You want to include a deadline specific to each subscriber in your email promotions, i.e., "Just a reminder, your special offer expires on Wednesday, March 30, at 5:00 pm EST".
- You want to trigger the evergreen deadline and assign a unique deadline text to the subscriber's record when the deadline is triggered--at some point after they initially opted in.
- Anytime you're using an automation, i.e., a tag is applied, someone clicks a link, or someone's added to a list. You can add subscribers to a Deadline Funnel campaign even if they are already in your account Contacts. Using Deadline Funnel you can promote an offer to this subscriber, and at the end of the promotion provide a deadline and enforce that deadline.
How to Integrate Deadline Funnel with your ActiveCampaign Account
- In your Deadline Funnel dashboard, click on 'Triggers' and then 'API Integration' in the left navigation area:
- Click, 'I need to create a brand new API connection' to create a new connection with ActiveCampaign:
- On the next screen, select ActiveCampaign to set up your API Connection:
- You will need to add your ActiveCampaign API key and API URL into the boxes seen on the next screen. You can find that information in your ActiveCampaign Account.
- When logged into your ActiveCampaign account, click on the drop-down arrow next to your avatar and go to 'My Settings':
- Next, click on the 'Developer' link in the left navigation:
- In the Developer section you will find your API URL and Key as shown here:
- Next, click 'Continue' after confirming or creating a custom field for your deadline text:
- You can now use the 'URL to send the HTTP post' in an ActiveCampaign automation. Instructions for using Deadline Funnel in an ActiveCampaign Automation can be found here:
You can copy and paste this information into the appropriate boxes in your Deadline Funnel dashboard. Be sure to click save after you enter your ActiveCampaign information.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.